We know how important it is for our patients to have their loved ones with them while they receive medical care. As we balance that need with the need to keep everyone safe, we are following these visitor policies effective Thursday, April 1:
- All of our patients may have two (2) designated visitors the entire admission. **The visitors must be aged 18 and older and both may visit at the same time.
- Our outpatient imaging and lab services will remain with one (1) visitor.
- Visiting hours will remain 9 AM until 6 PM.
- Visitors should be masked at all times including in patient rooms.
**COVID-19 patients and suspected COVID-19 patients cannot have visitors.
Hospital staff will pre-screen all visitors (using standard pre-screening questions for COVID-19 and temperature checks) and will require visitors to wear masks. Guests should enter through the hospital’s main entrance and remain in the patient room or designated waiting area during their entire visit. If you are coming to the hospital with a surgical patient, please accompany your loved one and use the Day Surgery entrance.
We continue to recommend and encourage virtual communication with loved ones through the use of digital platforms and apps like FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, etc.
Family and friends
We understand this is a challenging and stressful time. When a patient is admitted to the hospital, we ask the patient or family member to identify one or two representatives who will be the patient’s support person(s) to receive information and updates about the patient’s condition. Each patient is assigned a Personal Identiﬁcation Number (PIN) to ensure privacy and to protect the patient and his or her information. The support person(s) will be issued a PIN number.
We ask the support person(s) to:
- Communicate updates to family and friends
- Make decisions and act on behalf of the patient
- The support person(s) does not need to be a legal decision maker. However, if there is a dispute over this representation, legal documentation must be provided.
We understand how important it is for our patients to have their loved ones with them while they receive medical care.
|Main Entrance||6:00 AM – 8:00 PM||Monday – Sunday|
|Heart & Vascular Institute||5:00 AM – 8:00 PM||Monday – Friday|
|6:00 AM – 8:00 PM||Saturday – Sunday|
- Masks are required at all times including in patient rooms.
- We allow only two (2) visitors in the patient’s room at a time.
Guests should enter through the hospital’s main entrance or Heart and Vascular Institute entrance during visiting hours.
If you are coming to the hospital with a surgical patient, please accompany your loved one and use the Day Surgery entrance (Monday – Friday 4:30 AM – 3:30 PM).
All visitors and patients will be asked to review the standard pre-screening questions for COVID-19 upon entering.
Our Intensive Care Units have specific guidelines in place for patient safety. You will see these posted outside the unit prior to entering. You may also review them here.
Please remember all visitors are required to wear masks.
PLEASE BE SAFE - Universal Precautions for COVID-19
While visiting a patient at Memorial Health, please follow our universal precautions to protect yourself and others. Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer frequently. Wear a mask over your mouth and nose at all times. Follow social distancing guidelines by staying at least 6 feet apart from others.
2:00pm - 4:00pm. During these times, we encourage rest and quiet for all patients on the unit.
Food and drinks
Please do not bring food or drinks into the patient’s room. To reduce the risk of spills, infection, and disruption to the patient, guests should eat only in designated areas. For your convenience, there are two food service areas in the hospital.
Located on the lower level accessible by stairs near Day Surgery entrance or elevators close to the main lobby pavilion. Open daily.
|Breakfast:||6:30 am - 10:00 am|
|Lunch:||11:00 am - 2:30 pm|
|Dinner:||4:00 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Grill:||11:00 am - 7:00 pm|
Simply To Go Coffee Shop
Located in the main lobby pavilion on the first floor. Offering freshly brewed coffee, specialty drinks, sandwiches and snacks.
|6:30 am - 2:00 pm & 3:30 pm - 10:00 pm||weekdays|
|7:00 am - 2:30 pm||weekend|
Above hours are subject to change. Please check the locations for times of operations.
Resources for guests
- Pastoral Care - (912) 645-1079
- Patient Advocate - For concerns about safety or quality of care, please reach out to your nurse manager or leadership on the unit. If your concern is unresolved, please leave a message for a Patient Advocate to return your call at (912) 350-8581.